Sunday, 27 September 2015

A short (OK, longish) interlude.......

By now, you all know how DREADFUL I am at staying on bloggy task! But in the interest of the sanity of my dear friend Dee (- not to mention that of her long-suffering, tolerant and dolly-bemused husband who probably hasn't a clue what Dee is on about when she mentions ' Jenni's Zwergnase dolls,' in the same way that I feel at a total loss when my DH mentions those wonderful, greasy bits that go to make the inside of one tractor different from one another-)  I am going off track here.

Well, it isn't ALL because Dee wants to see my not-quite-but-almost-as-large-a-family-as-that-of-my-Sasha-family of Zwergnase Junior dolls. It also has to do with lost clothing. Georgianna, adopted triplet of Violette and Hazel has her own Ruth's Dolls kilt set but it is not to hand and she refuses to wear anything else. As I said she would appear next in the Sasha doll photos, I need to stray for a while.

So, without further ado, here are some of my Zwergs. Now remember, these are the Marmite of the doll world, you either love them, or hate them. So avert your eyes if you hate Marmite  --- no, I mean, avert your eyes if you find Zwergnase Junior dolls distasteful. But please, no mean comments, they look tough but they are quite sensitive little souls! There is a little cousin of theirs in Spain who has not appeared too frequently since some slightly mean comments were made!



This is Tina. She has strawberry blond, rooted hair and has chosen to wear a Kidz'n'Cats outfit, topped off with a Hattie hat. I love the slightly puzzled expression on this sculpt.

At 20" tall, these dolls are much bigger than Sashas and a good 2" taller than the Kidz dolls, so the outfit is not perfect for her, but I dislike seeing little girls in the kind of outfit she came in. Just personal taste, of course, but belly tops and pedal pushers are not my favourite look. So here is Tina again, in a Sharon Humphries special rara set.


These are not the best of photos, even by my limitted standard, as it was too bright to show the dolls' true colouring and too windy to keep them stading upright and their hair in place. I like these girls to have a fringe if they have rooted hair as the roots show a lot otherwise, but hers seems very long and in her eyes. The teacher in me worries about her seeing her school work properly, though I can't decide whether I should trim it, would it alter her personalitly too much?

Next is Dhana. She arrived with braids and is an early, wigged doll. When I untied the braids, which were untidy after over 10 years stored at Zwergnase, I discovered her wig is made of rich coloured real hair, so I left it loose, to settle a little.


Oddly, she looks grumpy here, as she normally seems to have a gentle, rosebud mouth. She is wearing most of her original outfit as she has only been here a few days. Once her hair is conditioned properly, I think I'll rebraid it for her.





,
This is Zwergnase's stock photo. I think she lookes surprised here The slightest difference in the tilt of the head of these dolls makes a huge difference to their 'moods.'


Next in the row of three is Trisha.


She is one of only 13, made specifically for Trisha Pant, of KR Bears and Dolls. She had the doll made to represent herself and another run of 12 blond ones to represent her sister, Karen.


She also chose a lovely rara skirt set by Sharon to wear. Once again, the strong sun and wind combination has given a rumpled, faded look to the photos.

Number four is Tosca. 'Born' in 2004, she is a wigged doll and has the same sculpt as Tina.

Oh, how I love my little Tosca! She has so much personality. At the moment, I have very few photos of her. I did, however, catch her up the little apple tree after bedtime last night. She was waiting to see the lunar eclipse.

 She is a cross between myself as a child and Pippi Longstocking in that she pays little attention to the norms of life. She is currently wearing pyjamas by Maru & Friends and, apart from her feet, seems to have almost the same measurements as Maru.
Pyjamas? Well, they are just trousers and a top, aren't they?
And climbing trees is so much easier in bare feet.
Go to bed? TONIGHT? Don't you know that this lunar eclipse is an important event that won't happen again for years and years until I'm grown up and too old to enjoy it, just like you are, Mam?
She finally went indoors, grumbing all the while. When we got up to watch it, though, her bed was empty and there she was, waiting patiently in the garden....


......watching the sky.
And, when the eclipse was over, there she stayed until just after dawn,





when she could be sure the giant dog who lay nearby would not run the risk of being scared of the dark.

Well, that's the first four of my mwphmphwmh.
Who? Me? Mumbling? Speak up, did you say?
I said that is the first four of my sixteen Zwerg Junior kids. Fourteen 20" and two smaller ones.
Yes, yes, I know, I'm greedy. Yes it was six and ten more, sixteen in total...
....No, I didn't lie on Facebook - I really did think I only had 12 bigger kids when I said that but, like Sashas, the Zwergs invite their pals to move in and..........

The other fourteen Zwergs are lining up for their photo shoots, so more to come soon.

9 comments:

  1. Awww I really like the Zwergnase kids but I don't like Marmite! Am I an oddity? Probably!
    Yes, my girl has gone incredibly shy recently but she'll come out to play again in the winter months. She has been home whilst we've been at the coast....I just can't bring everyone that I'd like to!
    I love your girls, and am glad to see that they're happy with their ra-ra outfits.
    I look forward to seeing more of your girls and boys in the near future :)
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Would love to see her again, Sharon. I remember when I was a kid and lived between our house in the city and the farm - everything always seemed to be at the other house when I wnted it! But it is fun to come home and see the dolls you haven't seen for a while, it's like having them new all over again.

      Delete
  2. Many Thanks Jenni for starting to show me your Zwergs! I have been looking at these dolls for a couple of years and could never quite decide if I wanted one or not! lol Well , unless I look at their Art dolls, you know the limited editions and then I have no problem picking out a couple!
    I think the thing with seeing dolls on the internet with their makers photo's are you don't get a feel for them, when you said you had just got Dhana I looked at her photo on Trisha's site and thought Mmm not sure about her but seeing her here o'natural so to speak, she looks like a totally different doll! And as such a sweet face ! and I love her hair down! Looks much more natural as the plaits look quite big!
    I feel a purchase or two coming on..... Maybe you'd best NOT show me the rest !! :)xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ps, I don't like Marmite but I do like the look of some of these dolls. And Sharon, you should show off your doll if you want , there are people out there showing some true monstrosities, who wouldn't know a lovely doll if it bit them on the derriere ! :)xx

      Delete
    2. I love both Marmite and Bovril, Dee. Not so keen on Aussie Veggimite though, even though those with limitted tastebud capacity say it tastes the same as Marmite! Australian friends say Veggimite is superior, but what do they know? All depends on upbringing, I suppose.
      Sorry, but have decided to photograph and list all my Zwergs here, now that I've started. Partly for my own recordsbut also, seing them all together might bring it home to me that I don't need any more - yeah, right!
      I changed Dhana's hair because the plaits were loose, bulky and lookedtoo thick They do go in tighter and I plan to redo them when she's in store - oops! when I put her to bed - as it helps keep the waves in it.

      Delete
    3. Good ! I want to see all your dolls in this group :) I have already been looking and there are so many it's hard to chose a favourite ! Have you made any clothes for them?

      Delete
    4. I made a few, back in my designing and sewing days, but gave them all to my sister in law for the Dunja she bought to share with her grand-daughter.....just before I began to struggle with sewing!
      I will be going back to it and think this size of doll will be easier for me to work with than the smaller ones. I do have an American Girl and cloth bodied Gotz, but get very little pleasure out of dressing dolls that spend their pocket money in McDonalds, so will go for the Zwergs again instead.

      Delete
  3. A lovely post of your well dressed Zwergnase girls. I am a big fan of Sharon's ra-ra outfits! I am not very familiar with these interesting and pretty dolls. I love your Tosca in her nice pajamas watching the eclipse. How special that is for her! Dhana looks ready for Fall and her orange jacket is lovely. I love plaited hair and her hair plaited is very lovely. It looks like these dolls also have wonderful hair! A beautiful and enjoyable post and thank you for sharing. :) xxx. The dog is fantastic too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you,ladies! My girls are great fun for me. As Sharon can vouch for me, they change their opinion of the world, depending on the way they are posed - or perhaps it is a matter of how they feel when they get up in the morning This can make thm dificult to photgraph well.
    I'm half hoping Zwergnase won't bring out any new sculpts to tempt me and half hoping they will! There are 13 different faces at the moment, surely n 12 years of production, that's enough!

    ReplyDelete