Friday, 1 August 2014

I don't want to wear these!

Most of the Bryn Derw kids are in boxes, hibernating whilst the builders deal with the ancient foundations of our house. 

Tosca, a Zwergnase Junior, has been one of the few selected to travel around with Mum and me, so I can sew some new clothes for her. For some reason, she just doesn't want to put the clothes she came in back on again. You would think that she'd be excited at being one of the few to be chosen for a 4 - 6 week trip, wouldn't you?


I'm standing outside the bathroom door as she's a big girl now and doesn't need help getting dressed. Every time I ask her if she's ready to set off for the ferry though, the only answers I get are :-

I DON'T  WANT TO WEAR THESE!

and

YOU WOULDN'T GO TRAVELLING IN THESE! WHAT IF I GET RUN OVER BY A CAR AND HAVE TO BE TAKEN TO HOSPITAL?!

I really can't imagine what the problem is, can you?


( In all honesty, I can see her point. Why on earth would a company make lovely, modern top clothes for their dolls, but put them in hideous, old-fashioned undies like my Granny wore? Even Tosca's brother, Tommy, has been given the same, far from fetching garment. Come on Zwergnase, you can do better by your dolls than this!)

4 comments:

  1. Poor pooooor Tosca! She really shouldn't have to put on those hideous long Johns though, should she?
    I suggest Knickerless is the way to go for now.....as an Essex Girl I really think it's the ONLY way!!! ;)
    Of course I would suggest a couple of things if she were to choose this route:
    1) As the saying goes "St Nicolas girls do NOT climb trees!"
    2) Avoid high winds and short skirts if at all possible.
    And in the meantime, I'll see what I can do!!
    Big hugs and happy travels, or as they say here Buen Viaje! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kids! only thinking of themselves! Could you know cut them down and hem them? it was save you time until you can make her another pair!
    Best make sure that Connor's well wrapped in that box as I'm sure Lucas is up to something! He's insisting on watching any film with twins in and pointing at the screen and saying Lucas! Connor! then laughing like a drain!! I'm finding it very worrying....
    Have a good trip, I know it's not what you planned but enjoy it and see it as a great photo opportunity!
    Dee xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. opps forgot to say Tosca is lovely :)

      Delete
  3. Tell her to just think of them as cropped leggings until the matter can be sorted!
    (I'd have been tempted to die them a colour to tone in with the top but 'one' can never be sure that the dye wouldn't seep into the vinyl and stain it.)

    How wonderful to be traveling away from home for the four to six weeks whilst the builder's messy rubble and dust from the house's re-newed foundations is sorted.
    Just think too that you won't have to be making ALL those numerous cups of tea and coffee for them!
    (When we were having our fireplace removed and central heating put in in our first home in the August forty-seven years ago we towed our caravan to Blackrock Sands in Wales and stayed there for the month! A good decision alround!)

    ReplyDelete