Sunday, 18 May 2014

A quick note for the grown ups.

Some of you may be wondering why I use different coloured text for short passages of direct speech, so I thought I should explain.
This blog is used in two schools as part of their literacy programmes. The children take turns at reading the spoken words of a character whilst the rest of the class act as a group narrator, reading the non-spoken parts. It helps them to see the importance of using punctuation etc. to clarify who is speaking and it then leads on to the children using fibre tip pens of coloured pencils to the same ends when writing, before they begin to paragraph their work.
There is a little mystery for the children re the Connor/Lucas theme, so I'm hoping Dee and Ronnie will be happy for them to read their blogs too.
Next term, the study unit is descriptive writing but, for their amusement and my own, (and perhaps yours?) I shall endeavour to put a story line in there too.

4 comments:

  1. What a great idea! Actually, it's a little mystery for me too...regarding Connor/Lucas!!!!
    I hope the kids are enjoying the storyline...and maybe they'll be able to find out where Connor is for the rest of us!
    Hugs Sharon xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fantastic idea for the children and so much more relevant as your stories are set in the same region as the readers.
    I'm sure the storyline has sparked so many imaginations, I hope someone figures out soon where Connor has gone!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are always happy to have visitors to the Sasha Village :) Just hope my grandma ..oops I mean grammar is up to the challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pleased to have another blog to visit that tells these wonderful little Sasha stories and which I'm sure that those children must enjoy them as much as I do.

    One of my Welsh friends at boarding school was called Anghared.
    I do hope that girl number 53 gets to stay with you especially as it was so very kind of her to risk gettinginto trouble by bringing little 'Connor?' back home.

    Looking forward to seeing the descriptive writing next term as I particularly used to encourage my ex-pupils with this. Hopefully it'll be just like old times again for me as I do miss teaching..

    ReplyDelete