Saturday, 8 February 2014

An Intruder?!

My Mum and I found another vintage doll's house that we could not pass up  ....oh, yes, my return to childhood is not evident only by my large Sasha family! 
So I thought I'd take a few snaps of it but....

 A pair of legs?  

Come out of there, before you get stuck!


'I tummin!  But I not want to. Want to live in here!'

A pair of legs in plum-coloured dungarees? Now where have I seen those before?


A pair of plum coloured dungarees, a plum checked shirt and red hair? Now why does that make me think of Easter eggs? Ooooh, perhaps I need to worry? (for those not in the know as to why I should be worried, see Absolutely Sasha blog for Easter of 2013!)

LUCAS??!! Is that you? 

'Yes, I LUCAS!'

What are you doing here? I thought you'd gone to live with...

' I Lucas. I not Connor!  I naughty boy, I going to be bad now....I ...sniffle, sniffle.'
 Connor takes up a defiant pose and tries to stamp his foot without falling over.



'Auntie Shelly send this clothes for me to wear, so now I Lucas, not good boy Connor now. I...sniffle, sniffle, sob.'

But Connor, lots of the children here wear clothes that their friends have worn before. Auntie Shelly is one of the very best pre-loved clothing providers. She only sends clothes that are in great condition and....





But, by this time Connor is on the floor, sobbing.

'I try for to be good boy!'

You ARE a good boy, Connor.

'So why I got Lucas clothes? Lucas is naughty boy.'

No he isn't.....well, maybe he is sometimes. But it isn't clothes that make somebody good or naughty, you know. I asked Auntie Shelly to send this set because Lucas looked so handsome in them and you look very like him.

'I good boy?'

Yes!




'So what for I still got THIS? Only boys and girls who going to be sent away keep this on!'

Well, you wanted to keep it when you first came here. Don't you remember? You were afraid that I'd hurt you if I cut it off.  Anyway, when have we EVER sent kids away from Bryn Derw?


But Connor is not convinced and slumps back onto the floor, crying so loudly that Angelina comes to see what is wrong.




 'They going to send me away! They make me look like Lucas! Nobody love Connor!' he tells her.

They sit together and Connor explains just why he thinks he isn't wanted at Bryn Derw.


' .......and you playing with the other boys, not me, and Timmy say that this house only for girls and I LIKE IT and I want for to play with it!' he wails.

Well I love you and so does everybody else here. The house is for us ALL to play with  if we want to. Now let's ask Mum to take off your bracelet.' suggest Angelina. 

'OK,  but first though...'


When the bracelet is finally cut off, Connor is all smiles as he sits at the top of the bookcase den.


'What shall we do now?' asks Angelina.

'I going to write to Lucas and say thank you for my lovely warm clothes!'

7 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the house ! and the story of Connor. Wishing I had bought Lucas that set of clothes back from Shelly although will have to see what his behaviour is like before he starts getting any extra's!!
    Don't you just love now being old enough that you can just buy whatever strikes your fancy be it an old dolls house or an old doll and no one can moan about it! Well they can moan but you can ignore them!!!
    Here's to all those enjoying a second childhood because we know how to play!!
    Dee xx
    ps sorry about deleting above comment forgot to check typing errors

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely fun post, and oh my poor Connor, he was indeed in a quandary to start with, thank goodness for the kind hearted Angelina to explain it to him. Great set of clothing for him, he does look wonderful in it. Oh yes and good to get rid of those nasty tags :-)

    Is this the new dolls house? It looks similar to the other, but without them being side by side I have probably forgotten!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh poor little Connor, fancy him thinking that nobody wanted him there! He looks so sweet in his outfit, regardless of who wore it previously, I think he's a lovely little boy and Angelina is a gorgeous little girl!
    I look forward to getting to know all your kids on your new blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Meant to say that the dollshouse is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful blog post! Right up my street. Shall indeed be visiting here often. I love the posts that tell a story as it's something that I still can't do myself. Poor little Conner. It's a good job that he has his friend, the delightful little Angelina, to put him right and so cheering him up.
    I'm thrilled to be able to still keep in touch with some of SS-R's ex-toddlers via your's and Denise's blogs and can occasionally spot Little Lonely modelling clothing on eBay.

    I really enjoyed playing with my two doll's houses when I was young. Daren't go down that route now (though have been very tempted) as even more finances would be too easily running away from me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww! How sweet! I'm glad Conner finally realizes that he is loved and is already home. What a darling he is, as well as Angelina!

    ReplyDelete